Monday, November 11, 2013




My First Halloween in the U.S.
 
 
 
         Where is the best place in the world to celebrate Halloween? Definitely in the U.S. I came from
 
a country (Saudi Arabia) where Halloween is not a big holiday, I was insanely excited about
 
experiencing a proper Halloween in New York City. Me and my friend  carve a pumpkin at our
 
university I could not ask for a better activity. Carving a pumpkin actually involves some techniques
 
that I cannot wait to share with my non U.S. friends next year. It was very entertaining and satisfying
 
to find out how evil our pumpkin looked like once we put a candle in the middle. Most of my
 
American friends seemed to be over Halloween because they have been celebrate it so many times.
 
But I felt like a little child about to experience her first real Halloween ever. I like the children's when
 
they came and nock the door asking for candy a trick or a treat. But overall, this Halloween 2013 was
 
unbelievable and I am looking forward to sharing this experience with my friends back home.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, carving pumpkins is not as easy as we would think!! I'm glad you enjoyed Halloween so much!

    ReplyDelete