Monday, December 2, 2013

My First Thanksgiving


      How was your Thanksgiving? It is a big celebration in United States, when the americans eat turkey, mashed potatoes among other things. This is the only holliday that happen just in the US, because it started when the piligrims arrived here and received help from the native americans, so one day, they gave a big dinner to give thanks to them. My Thanksgiving break was very nice.
      I didn't do anything special, but I liked to be at the dorm just sleeping and talking with my friends. On Thursday, the effective Thanksgiving Day, some of my brazilian friends and I went to the Galeria Mall in Poughkeepsie, because it was the beggining of Black Friday. I didn't buy a lot of things, but I enjoyed to go there, because it is very different for me, in my country we don't have one day that a lot of people went out because all of the stores are cheaper than the normal.
      


     On friday, some friends and I went to the pizzeria to eat calzone, I hadn't eat it before, and I really liked! It was so cold, but we didn't mind about that, we talked a lot and had a great time together. After that, we went to dorm and watched a movie. I enjoyed this day!



     I couldn't see the tradicional Thanksgiving in America, with family together, a lot of food and things like that, but I had a goot time in the break, I really enjoyed and rested. I think everyone needs to give thanks for everything that have in their life and try to be happy! Now I am looking forward the winter break! ;)

6 comments:

  1. In my opinion, sleeping is the most important thing in the vacation. I would like to spend one day to sleep, then travel to some places. I'm also looking forward winter break!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we need Black Friday in our country;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thing? Who are you? Nubia? hahahahaa Second, I missed you, brazilian friends, this holiday :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try to eat the pizzeria to eat calzone! Looks delicious! I agree Xin! Relaxing in the vacation is very good! I'll sleep a lot after finished the semester..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD!!! Same with me relaxing during break. I like the calzone picture it seems taste delicious and looks great. Hope you can have a great time for winter break !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never eaten the calzone too!!! It looks so delicious!!! I'll try to eat it soon.
    You had a comfortable time!!! I was busy to clean my home!!

    ReplyDelete