Sunday, December 1, 2013

My First Thanksgiving

By Akari Kurihara

     How was your thanksgiving holiday? This week from November 27th to December 1st, there had a holiday to stay with family in America. It is called "Thanksgiving". We don't have that kinds of holiday in Japan, so that was first experience in my life. Actually, my boyfriend came to see me from Japan. We enjoyed sightseeing and shopping a lot. I will tell you about what did I do during the holiday.

     The first day, he missed the flight in Japan and couldn't take the plane because of the trouble with the company. I was surprised to hear that. I thought he never comes in America. I gave up to meet him, but he was desperately looking for another ticket to America. Then, he could get a new one!! On November 26th, I went to the JFK airport to meet him after school. It was very cold because of the snow. Also there was traffic jam and the bus was delayed for more than an hour. Finally, I could meet him after all this time. He gave me a lot of Japanese food and presents;)) I wanted to talk with him all day long, but he went to bed early because of the jet lag. 

     The next day, we went to New York City by Trailways. It was the first time for him to come to New York. When he saw the view of the Times Square, he looked very fascinated by a lot of tall buildings and bright panels. On thanksgiving day, we went to see the parade early in the morning. There were many kinds of big balloons with the music. We wanted to watch musical at Broadway, but we couldn't get any ticket. So we kept walking and walking a lot. When we got to Korean Town, we noticed that almost all the shops would open from 8 pm. It means that Black Friday start! We waited in the long line to go to Macy's and bought a lot of winter clothes.

     On Friday, we went to Sarabeth's to eat breakfast with also my friends. It was very very delicious that I have ever had. Then we went to 5th avenue to go shopping. There were a lot of people on the street having a big shopping bag. I love Kate Spade very much;) I could buy there that I wanted to buy. In Japan, November 29th have the meaning of "good meat", so we went to eat BBQ. Not only Americans but also people from all over the world are looking forward to coming Black Friday to buy a lot of things. It was surprised to me. The last day, we went to Times Square again to buy the tickets of The Phantom of Opera. We waited for more than an hour to get it. Finally, we could get it!!! We had a lot of time before the show, so we went to see the Statue of Liberty. It was s big that we could see from the ship. We also went to Brooklyn Bridge park to see night view. It was so beautiful that I never forget.
   
     I think that Thanksgiving is a good holiday to stay with family and to be able to be thankful for family. We need that holiday in Japan. I am very glad that I could experience this holiday. Also, thanks to my boyfriend I could study abroad without any difficulties. Only one month left until I go back to Japan. I would like to do my best at the rest of my studying abroad.

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe your boyfriend came to visit! How great! Where did you eat BBQ? Do you know Gyu Kaku? That's my favorite http://www.gyu-kaku.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I think the most happiest thing on thanksgiving is to stay with relatives or your lover. I believe you enjoyed your Thanksgiving break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised that he missed the flight... I want to go to eat B.B.Q!! I need meat, 肉, 29:P I hope you spent good Thanksgiving weekend with him:))!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice trip Akari... and rich face, your boyfriend hahahaha... I also ate a BBQ in Washington DC and it is really delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool !! Your boyfriend came to NY to find you! How sweet it was!!! Nice break!!! I saw The Phantom of Opera last month , it was a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were very happy with your boy friend!!!!

    I'll miss you after you leave America!!!

    ReplyDelete