Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving trip :D

by DJ

Have you ever overwhelm some place before to go there? Probably yes and it happened with me, in this Thanksgiving, I could know two beautiful cities, Washington DC and Philadelphia. I thought that 5 days are many days to know these cities and it would be boring, but I was wrong, I could know how fantastic they are. Moreover it was my first trip which I just traveled with others international friends, then I needed to speak in English all the time. So I would like to talk, about my experiences in Washington DC and Philadelphia and also my first trip just talking in English.

The White House
The first city of this trip was Washington DC, the political capital of USA. If I had words to define this city, I used DREAM, some people cannot agree with me about it, but I have sure that they will overwhelm this city like one boring and political city like me before to arrive there. I changed completely my opinion when I know this city, I passed 3 days there and I could go to wonderful museums, Space and Air Museum where I saw the Apollo 11, the first spaceflight to the moon,  Natural Gallery where I had the pleasure to see one painting by Leonardo da Vinci, Holocaust Museum that have a descriptive timeline about the Jewish history, the Capitol where I seat in front of it for 30 minutes to appreciate this moment and a wonderful architecture, or better to resume, I was in a dream because I could see many famous places that since I was a child I saw in many movies and for me to stay there personally was unbelievable.

Capitol - Washington DC

After I went to Philadelphia, famous city for your gastronomy and classics buildings. I could find in this wonderful city one amazing gastronomy, in the center you have a huge market that you can choose food from different countries in the same place, I couldn't taste the famous Philly Cheesesteak that in all the USA, the people try to recreate the same flavor, but nobody can copy the original cheesesteak. But I could eat one delicious chicken and fish combined with amazing spices. In addition, the buildings are others famous points in Philadelphia, I was really shocked how beautiful the City Hall is and also I went to see one statue so famous there, a statue to honor Arnold Schawarzenegger when he interpreted Rocky in the cinema.

Rocky 
Furthermore this amazing trip hadn't been wonderful without my friends. In this thanksgiving, I wanted to travel with my international friends and I knew that it would be a challenge for me, because I had to speak in English all the time. But now after this I can say that it was wonderful, I could improve more my English and pass the Thanksgiving dinner with my new friends, this trip marked our friendship that we made this semester, probably will be so difficult to stay everybody together again, so it was one wonderful experience that never I want to forget.

My international friends (Ecuador, Spain, Australia, Egypt, Czech Republic)

Therefore, my holiday where I could know Washington DC and Philadelphia with my international friends was amazing. If I had chance to do everything again, I would make again unless I would remember to bring one comfort shoes, because I walked a lot and my foot are so sore. 

6 comments:

  1. Waaw nice i wish to visit Washington DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful city! After I read your essay, I decided to travel to Washington DC on my next vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very beautiful city ;)) If I have a chance to go, I will go there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful trip! It must get good memories with your international friends! I went to Washington DC, too! I want to go Philadelphia someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I read your essay, I could feel your amazing feeling.!!!
    I went Washington DC last year. It was so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they are nice cities. I had been there before, when I went to summer school vocation in USA in my junior high. It was long time ago. Did you see Lincoln Memorial ? It is really a huge statuary. Also how about Washington Monument? The view is very spectacular!!! By the way, it was a great trip !!! A good experience with your friends.

    ReplyDelete