Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Break !!

By Kuan-Wen

        I went to New York city to stay two nights there. I went there with Yuka, Ayumi, and Chiaki. The first day, four of us went to find the dormitory, which was from a Japanese owner. We had hard time to search for this dormitory, yep, I had lots of opinions about this dormitory. It was a long story. Ha ha!!  By the way, it was located in the Harlem area. The first day, we went to see musical in Broadway in the afternoon, which is called the phantom of the opera.

         Second day, we went to the American Museum of Natural History and central park and grand central station. American Museum of Natural History, the seller, who sold the tickets for us, told us that we can give whatever the prices were. However, I'm kind gave him 5 dollars. The price for student is 17 dollars, but I really wanted  to give 1dime at that time. Ha . In the night, we went to flushing.( People who were immigrants  from Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean) . This was my first time to came here.  Tell you what !!! Bubble tea was from Taiwan, which was the first country brought to wild wide. And I saw two companies from Taiwan drinks. ( Co- Co , Come buy ) . But the most popular and I love very much is called " Chun Shui Tang" 春水堂!!  I heard that it was  the first company to made bubble tea ( not sure ), but it was very famous of bubble tea. 

        The third day, we went to Rockefeller, we also saw a guy who good at skating got interview from the news at Rockefeller Plaza. Also we went to the modern art museum(Moma). Tell you everyone, if you like art you won't regret not going there !!! Because the ticket is free!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Free to SUNY Student. Please bring your ID to the information table. After few 3 hours went shopping.

        The time was short and I wanted to go more places during the fall break. It was a nice and fun trip!!!!!
   
     

7 comments:

  1. It seems like you had a great time!!!!!
    Your essay reminded me going to the New York City for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing experience :D I just paid 2 dollars to visit the Natural Museum :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to eat real Taiwanese food!! Next time, if you go to eat Taiwanese food, please invite me:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great weekend!! NYC is so exciting -- especially with so many cultures to experience. Have you been to the bubble tea place in the Poughkeepsie Galleria? It's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like The Phantom of the Opera.. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have already gone to Coco. It is my favorite bubble tea store. I believe that you had fun during your fall break.

    ReplyDelete