Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Great Fall Break!!!

By Yuka

     I went to New York City for three days with Gwen, Ayumi, and Chiaki. I spent a wonderful break in there. It was for the first time for me to stay NYC, Manhattan. I walked a lot and took subways many times. I traveled around the popular tourist sites in Manhattan. Now, I would like to introduce the most favorite places for me when I went to New York City in the fall break.

     First of all, I watched a musical, the Phantom of the Opera. I was very happy to watch the musical because musicals are usually very expensive. However, I could watch the musical around $70. I really like the Phantom of the Opera because I watched three times by the movie. Therefore, I was very excited to watch it. I like the music of the Phantom of the Opera. The musical was very beautiful and impressive. 


     Second, I went to see the American Museum of Natural History. I was afraid that I can't enter there because of shutdown. However, I was able to enter the museum. The museum became the stage of the movie of Night at the Museum. I like the movie. It's so fun. In the museum, I saw replicas of dinosaurs and a moai. 



     Finally, I went to Top of the Rock in Rockefeller Center. In the top of the building, it was nice of view. I went to in the morning, so I could see clearly all around the building in Manhattan. I saw Central Park and the Empire State Building. If I have money, I want to go there at night.


     To sum up, I was very satisfied my fall break. New York City has still good places to go sightseeing. I really recommend to watch musicals. I'm going to go New York City again in the Fall semester. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great weekend. Good for you! I hope you get many more chances to explore NYC while you are here. Someday, I'll have to go to Phantom of the Opera -- it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to the American Museum of Natural History. I will make a plan with that on next holiday! Did you see some special exhibitions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwww the TOP of the ROCK is my dream... I would like to go there, maybe in the next time that I will go to NYC :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuka, I saw a Ghibli movie last night and thought of you! I could see how detailed this movie was compared to Disney. Makes me like Ghibli so much more than Disney now!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ayUc8GTm_0

    ReplyDelete