Monday, October 7, 2013

SUNY enrollment history

Jiyoung

     When I was 21, my major was environmental design in Catholic university, but it did not fit to me because I did not have an interest in architecture, but environmental design was about architecture. I wanted to study jewelry and metal in US. My professor always told me you should change your major. I decided to go on a trip to the America and really wanted to go America. However, I had no money. So, I worked elementary and middle school and taught drawing picture to student. As a result, I earned a lot of money and was able to go to the United States. When I was in New York, I feel really good because can experience a new culture. New York was an attractive city where I can enjoy a lot of museums and feel a lot of things such as exciting, comfortable and relaxed. I fell in love with New York city.
        After returning to South Korea, I decided to transfer to US universities. However, my parents objected to study in the America because school tuition is expensive, and the United States is very dangerous. There were opposing opinions on this problem. I was very sad and then I was obliged to concentrate my major in my school. As a result, I got a good grade in my school. My parents were impressed to me. I had won my parents to consent. Finally, my parents gave permission to study in the United States. I was really happy.
         After receiving permission to my parents, I prepared my art portfolio in art educational institute for 7 months. Portfolio was hard work, but I was so happy. I also was interested in metal and jewelry for a long time. In addition, I was looking for a famous school of jewelry and metal.  Among them, SUNY New Paltz had metal program that has been ranked number one in the United States. I always decided to go to SUNY New Paltz metal program. SUNY New Paltz was my dream.
      However, I had a big problem. It was TOEFL exam. I had a low TOEFL score. I studied hard, but the score did not rise. I thought I should go mad, and the deadline of SUNY is getting closer. Eventually, I submitted a low TOEFL score. I had a confidence in my portfolio, but worried about TOEFL score. I did not sleep because of worrying and I had a dream that I failed from SUNY every night. I made my life a hell when I waited the acceptance result for 45days.
      On May 15th, I received email from SUNY New Paltz. The email title was 'Acceptance to the state University of New York at New Paltz'. I felt an ominous aura. I fix the mind and I opened the e-mail. When I opened the email, my heart missed a beat. It was passed mail. I yelled with delight. In addition, I was shedding tears of joy. My heart was overflowing with joy. And I cried ‘I finally go to SUNY New Paltz.
      After 3 months, I arrived the SUNY New Paltz. I am glad to have come to life in my dream place. I want to learn many things in the New Paltz. I love SUNY New Paltz.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you came to New Paltz. I hope you have a great experience. xo

    ReplyDelete