Monday, October 7, 2013

Michael Jackson’s dance


 By:Xin

“Tinkling, tinkling, tinkling”, the school bell was ringing and the class was over. My classmate started to talk about Michael Jackson, some of them imitated MJ’s dance. There no doubt that he was our idol in my middle school in China. Even some students walked like MJ’s moonwalk. We had a lot topic about him in this steamy summer. Our parents and teachers could not understand us; they thought that MJ’s dance was not good for youngsters. For instance, MJ wore broken clothes with strange accessories.

       One day, my friends came over to play at my home, because of my parents were not at home, we watched the video of MJ’s show and ate snacks. I had an idea suddenly, “Why don’t we study MJ’s dance every week after my parents went out of home?” My parents were very busy; they went out of home early and went home late. When I told my friends this idea, all of them were cheering. No one would hesitate because we were young enthusiasts of MJ’s moonwalk.

       In the next few days, we almost came together to study this dance every day. When they came to my house, I went to check the door was locked or not over and over. After my friends have arrived, I closed the curtains and turned on the video. My house was like a dance studio. We imitated MJ’s dance with our clumsy steps. With the music, we swung our hands and sang in a whisper. We were not professional, but never mind. We enjoyed it. One thing cannot not mention is we were afraid of if our parents knew that we learn MJ’s dance, so my friends did not touch anything and tried to keep my house neatly. We only studied this dance for one hour.

       One weekend, as usual we got together and watched the video. My friends were skilled take off their shoes and lock the door. We started to model oneself after MJ and sportively with each other. The house was full of our happy laughters and cheerful voices. There were many smiles on our face. Suddenly I heard my parent’s key in the lock. It was too late to turn off the video, but at this moment all people was stopping. When my parents unlocked the door, my friends and I tried to hide ourselves, but we could not. When my parents came in and look us. It was fearful silent, the air was frozen at this moment. Their eyes told me that they were both angry and surprise. However, our eyes were full of panic. My friends and I looked down slowly and waited for them to reprimand me.

       “What are you guys doing here?” my father roared us.

       “Calm down, calm down” my mother comforted him and held on to my father’s hands.

       “I am sorry, I will never do that again” I was saying that under my breath.

       After about 5 minutes, my father walked into his room unhappily. Then, my mother told me a story is about do not conceal our parents to do something. We also guaranteed that the dance could not affect out school work. The dance was only a hobby of us
Thanks for my mother teach us patiently. She used a wise way to correct my mistake. Only in this way can we be honest to our parents in the future and introspect ourselves. I’m sure that I will not conceal my parents anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Xin, I hope you dance for us at the End-of-Semester Party. I will put your name on the program!

    ReplyDelete